hey all! sometimes when im playing games windows does something kinda freaky. A blue screen with white text appers and has a title BAD_POOL_HEADER . It tells me that windows need to shutdown. It says something about hardware and BIOS and then a line of Tech Info. What does this mean? Is this bad for the system, or is my system the bad thing? How do i stop it? Im running Windows XP SP2

btw. it sometimes doesnt it in Tony Hawks Underground 2, and does it every time I play the last level on Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB

many thx in advance :D

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by shellee66

What are the specs of your system?

It's possible you could have a hardware issue, like bad RAM, or a video card going funky. When did this happen? Have you made any hardware/software changes on the system recently, like a driver update?

well its a fairly new pc so i guess most of the drivers are new! I havent actually updated any! It only happens when i play THUG2 (sometimes) and always happens when im playing the last boss on Riddick: EFBB!!! Here are my specs!

- P4 3.0G 800FSB 1mb cache LGA775 CPU
- Asus P5GD1 mobo
- 2x512mb Pc3200 DDR RAM
- Albatron 128mb 6600GT PCI-E (517/1160)
- 120GB Seagate Barracuda 7.5k
- XSonic Cobra Black
- 8 Channel Sound Card

I recieved this same error message among a few others. I recently upgraded my video card to a GeForce fx5500 and I'm not sure which driver to use. I'm thinking that may be the problem but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.