I have a Windows XP Toshiba laptop and lateley my CD burner has'nt been working. I tryed using three seperate programs so far (Windows Media Player, Drag'n Drop CD+DVD, and Realplayer) to burn audio tracks or data to a CD, but they haven't worked. Everytime I start up my computer I get a message that says something like "to enable DVD burning, you must disable CD burning. Would you like to disable this feature? (yes/no). I click no but CD burning still does not work. Same thing if I click yes. I get this message whenever I try to burn a CD too. I also tried using the control panel to disable DVD burning (Control panel\System\System Properties\Hardware\Device Manager\DVD/CD-ROM Drives\MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-811) by configuring the property, "device usage", to disable. This too was to no avail. Also now my CD drive isn’t working for some reason although my DVD drive still works. Can anybody help me out with this please?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly. Do you have a laptop with a DVD burner AND a separate CD burner or is it one of those combination drives that is supposed to burn anything?

Its a combination drive I beleive. Also my CD drive isn't working now, probably because of my fiddling around.

Also, I dont know If this helps or not but when I click on my D drive in My Computer when I have a CD in, I get the message:

"D:\ is not accessible. The request could not be completed because of an I/O device error."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.