hello all.........I'm bad about skipping the windows updates, but a couple of days ago I installed the updates, and since then I've noticed some changes. Me and my wife are the only users of this computer, so I've never set up other users. Now when I start up, I had to click on "Owner", because "Guest User" had been added. I deleted the guest user, and now I get the password box. I just click "ok" and it continues, since I've never set up a password before. Also, when I shut down or restart, I get a drop down men that I have to select from, instead of just clicking the restart or shutdown button. Is any chance that the update made this change, because the top of the window says "windows security", plus is there a way to change it back to the way it used to be? I guess that I'm just not one for change.
By the way, anyone know anything about any of those uninstaller programs like "your uninstaller"? I was just wondering if they were a good thing, or could cause any problems. I know I've got bit n pieces of stuff all over my computer. It claims to clean it up, plus improve your speed. Any thoughts?
Thanks to any and all replys.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you can configure your take bar etc, byt right clicking the task bar, and clicking properties. Also go to user accoutns and delete or disable your pass word.

Lets start from the bottom on up.

Your on XP with SP2 you probably had some spyware on the systems I recommand you start removing it now I would use SpyBot/AdAware and even MS free tool which is also a great app.

Go to Start Settings and User Accounts

Once your there change the way user's log on and off.

Check box boxes and it will go back to your orginal shutdown/log off screen etc etc. keep us posted that should do it.

hello all.........I'm bad about skipping the windows updates, but a couple of days ago I installed the updates, and since then I've noticed some changes. Me and my wife are the only users of this computer, so I've never set up other users. Now when I start up, I had to click on "Owner", because "Guest User" had been added. I deleted the guest user, and now I get the password box. I just click "ok" and it continues, since I've never set up a password before. Also, when I shut down or restart, I get a drop down men that I have to select from, instead of just clicking the restart or shutdown button. Is any chance that the update made this change, because the top of the window says "windows security", plus is there a way to change it back to the way it used to be? I guess that I'm just not one for change.
By the way, anyone know anything about any of those uninstaller programs like "your uninstaller"? I was just wondering if they were a good thing, or could cause any problems. I know I've got bit n pieces of stuff all over my computer. It claims to clean it up, plus improve your speed. Any thoughts?
Thanks to any and all replys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.