Hi

I know that this DNS error topic is very common ... but can anyone offer me an idea of what the problem may be in my case ?

I can't log on to any web page at all .. neither can I access my email acct. I'm using Win XP ... and this problem occurred suddenly, virtually overnight.

I have attempted the following ... reinstalled Win XP, reinstalled the modem drivers, contacted my ISP, and none of the above has helped. I have scanned my computer with Adaware and Spybot S&D ( but I cant connect to the internet for any upgrades ) ... unfortunately I dont have HijackThis. I suspected there was a problem with the modem ... then i replaced the modem but the problem still persists ..

i have also made use of winsock fix but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I don't know if this helps, but when I do a ping, it says request timed out ...

Any clues ?

Try this:

Close IE and go to Start, Run. Type the following commands, one after the other, and hit 'Enter' after each one:

regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 comcat.dll
regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll

Each time you hit Enter, you should see a short message stating the command was successful.

After all have been entered, reboot and see if you still have the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.