hey, i have an Asus F3J laptop thats giving some form of memory problem.. i cleaned the RAM modules and sometimes, when it does boot, the screen has glitches, sometimes it works properly for a while then locks up, other times u just hear the startup sound but no display. i just need confirmation, this is a problem wit the video card right?...cus if it were RAM then there would be no boot sound

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not necessarily. I've had a PC that would boot with a beep but would not display anything. The memory turned out to be the problem.

Motherboards are also supposed to have a special beep for bad memory although I have never had a motherboard properly use them. Your documentation should say what the memory warning is, such as a special colored light or a special beep.

hi romeyng, take the advice of MatEpp it could be a memory problem.. try to use other ram.. no hard in trying..

Note that it could also be that your screen's gone. Try to test your laptop with a separate monitor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.