There is a setting that can allow someone to change the user accounts thing in the WinXP control panel back to the one that was in 2k. Anybody know of it?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Thanks for the reply. I already know about that one. What I mean is there is some way to change user accounts so it is like the user accounts interface in windows 2000?

Thanks for the reply. I already know about that one. What I mean is there is some way to change user accounts so it is like the user accounts interface in windows 2000?

install win2000 !lol
my use of win2000 is limited ,but what is the difference and why would you want to change it .just wondering .

Nlited installation of XP, removed IEcore amoung other things, user accounts is the only thing that won't work (since it depends on IEcore), so im just trying to find a workaround.

I would be using 2000 right now if my sound card supported it, but thats another story :(

Nlited installation of XP, removed IEcore amoung other things, user accounts is the only thing that won't work (since it depends on IEcore), so im just trying to find a workaround.

I would be using 2000 right now if my sound card supported it, but thats another story :(

Beyond me ,but i think if xp depends on ICore so will 2000s' ,don't you think .

The interface for changing users in win2000 didn't depend on IEcore, it was just a standalone applet.

ok,im learning ,one thing i learned a long time ago was to leave windows alone only change what i need ,line keys and stuff !:)

If you mean the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del logon', go to Control Panel, User Accounts, and under Pick a Task, select 'Change the way users log on and off'.
Uncheck Use Welcome Screen, this will also trash Fast User Switching.

If you mean the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del logon', go to Control Panel, User Accounts, and under Pick a Task, select 'Change the way users log on and off'.
Uncheck Use Welcome Screen, this will also trash Fast User Switching.

but his user accts doesnt work!! Read post $5 carefully

but his user accts doesnt work!! Read post $5 carefully

OOPs! Missed that. Thanx Jack!

OOPs! Missed that. Thanx Jack!

no prob .i missed my share :)

Yeah If I could take a screenie I would. I heard that the old user accounts interface is resurected if you go into safe mode, but it hasn't for me.

I found it! If you want to see it for yourself, open the command prompt and type

control userpasswords2

Vwalah!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.