Hello.......within the past three weeks I have switched from dial-up to DSL and have since encountered several problems. The most annoying has been trying to find the right solution when faced with the "page cannot be displayed" message. This occurs when I am fully connected....and I have gone through the procedures listed within the message in an attempt to fix it, to no avail. I even called my DSL service provider and they were stymied. This occurs on secure sites....sometimes I can view most of the site, with the exception of one page....on others...I cannot even log in. Soooo....I am seeking some advice...the sooner the better....I have been doing my banking on line for some time now.....but I cannot continue until I find a remedy. I would appreciate any and all help. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

First of all I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling your modem. See what that does for ya, if that doesnt work, im not sure, maybe some of these other geeks can help ya :p

First of all I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling your modem. See what that does for ya, if that doesnt work, im not sure, maybe some of these other geeks can help ya :p

Thanks for that....I tried it...but that doesn't work either. This is very frustrating because now I am also receiving messages that are asking me to debug. This is happening with more frequency. What on earth is going on?

I had the same problem after installing Acrobat Reader 7.0. Try repairing your reader by going to your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU, Windows installer, if you have Reader 7.0.

Good Luck,

Dagwood357

Sounds to me like a bad connection. I would eliminate any routers or hubs and run one computer from the dsl modem with a new cat5 cable. If it still happens get the dsl provider out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.