Hi guys, if DHCP server failing to assign IP Address to the workstation, what could be the problem? any idea is greatly appreciated...

I tried IPCONFIG /RENEW on a workstation but it fails..

If i tried to manually configure the IP settings on TCP-IP workstation can connect to internet..

But if I set the TCP-IP settings to "Obtain Automatically IP Address" it fails...

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This may be an issue with the Firewall.

Has the server run out of addresses?
How big is the scope?

@jbennet
i don't think it run out of addresses, because we got a few workstation only.. about 20 workstation only...

it started with one workstation suddenly cannot renew an ip ad..so what i did i manually set the settings at TCP-IP and able to work normally..

then one day all the workstation suddenly cannot go internet...

this could be an issue of a virus or what?

@sparkax
firewall issue on the server? i don't think so

Try restarting the DHCP service on the server?

Hi guys, if DHCP server failing to assign IP Address to the workstation, what could be the problem? any idea is greatly appreciated...

I tried IPCONFIG /RENEW on a workstation but it fails..

If i tried to manually configure the IP settings on TCP-IP workstation can connect to internet..

But if I set the TCP-IP settings to "Obtain Automatically IP Address" it fails...

the problem might not be your system, it might be as a result of improperly configured DHCP server, contact your network administrator

Try restarting the DHCP service on the server?

thanks jbennet..i'll try it...let you know once i've done it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.