Hi guys, if DHCP server failing to assign IP Address to the workstation, what could be the problem? any idea is greatly appreciated...

I tried IPCONFIG /RENEW on a workstation but it fails..

If i tried to manually configure the IP settings on TCP-IP workstation can connect to internet..

But if I set the TCP-IP settings to "Obtain Automatically IP Address" it fails...

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cguan_77

@jbennet
i don't think it run out of addresses, because we got a few workstation only.. about 20 workstation only...

it started with one workstation suddenly cannot renew an ip ad..so what i did i manually set the settings at TCP-IP and able to work normally..

then one day all the workstation suddenly cannot go internet...

this could be an issue of a virus or what?

@sparkax
firewall issue on the server? i don't think so

Hi guys, if DHCP server failing to assign IP Address to the workstation, what could be the problem? any idea is greatly appreciated...

I tried IPCONFIG /RENEW on a workstation but it fails..

If i tried to manually configure the IP settings on TCP-IP workstation can connect to internet..

But if I set the TCP-IP settings to "Obtain Automatically IP Address" it fails...

the problem might not be your system, it might be as a result of improperly configured DHCP server, contact your network administrator

Try restarting the DHCP service on the server?

thanks jbennet..i'll try it...let you know once i've done it...

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.