Im really bad with computers so i will not understand how 2 do any hardware stuff unless it is like spoon fed to me. Basicly when i Turn on my computer it beeps 7 times and the moniter says no signal input check video cable....I kno the VGA is plugged in so yea...
HELP is much needed and i will be thankfull

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

First, if you have a separate video card, make sure it's seated correctly and that all cables are tight. Has the computer or monitor been moved recently, that might have loosened or broken a connection?

The beeps can mean several things - it depends on the make of the computer and its BIOS. See here for some possibilities.

If it is a separate video card, can you find another to swap in to test? If the PC has onboard graphics, can you borrow a card to test with (make sure it's the right kind of connection for your PC - PCI, AGP, PCI-E)

All in all, it sounds like something you need to call in someone else to look at, if you're not very experienced or knowledgeable in hardware issues.

The error comes due to General exception error. To reduce this error.The most accurate way to clear the CMOS after replacing your BIOS chip is to follow the steps below. Most boards do have a clear CMOS jumper but we recommend our method.
1. Remove the battery (use a pen or screw driver to lever it out).
2. Remove the power source (unplug or turnoff power supply).
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery being sure to insert it the correct side up...
For more tech support help go to <snip></snip>.

hi try reseating your memory stick...

Im really bad with computers so i will not understand how 2 do any hardware stuff unless it is like spoon fed to me. Basicly when i Turn on my computer it beeps 7 times and the moniter says no signal input check video cable....I kno the VGA is plugged in so yea...
HELP is much needed and i will be thankfull

If Nothin Works then your Cable itself might have become Faulty, Replace it but before that make sure u have someone Check the Other Stuff to Be Sure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.