Can Someone please help me resolve an issue with my Dell GX110,Stop Error,
I've been trying to fix a blue screen of death and can't figure out how to do it without reformatting the drive, Tried Just about everything with this pc, any help would be appreciated, I'm tired of trying to fix this problem, it all started with reinstalling the advance als4000 soundcard also the video display driver, witch took forever to find and install I already tried driver detective but it made the pc worse lost all my pci cards due to this now i have to use safe mode with networking to use the pc. If anyone can help please write me an e-mail
This Is The Error:
A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
STOP: 0x0000005,0X0000007E(0xC000005,0XF7E6BAF8,0XF96B8044)
And all that is written in a Blue Screen, This happenes everytime I try to boot into windows XP Home Version. It won't let me do a system restore either, and when I try to do a system repair with the opriginal cd it asks for an adminastrator password nothing works it stops there...

Thanks in advance!

"Brian"

Since you can boot into safe mode, it sounds like a driver or software problem. Try using msconfig to isolate the problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

Alternatively, if the STOP error message, references a like "driverfile.sys" or something as the offending file, it will either be that is the file causing the stop error message or it may also be that file is simply failing to load properly due to a problem with one of it's dependencies (another file).

STOP error messages are not easy to troubleshoot and they can take a really long time, especially if you aren't used to working with them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.