Hello there, I am in desperate need of some help. I cannot seem to access anything that takes Java. A radio programme, diagram for booking airline seats, and now I can get into a btinternet e-mail account but am unable to read the e-mails. I did post this problem some time ago and I got one reply to download Java again but with no success. Can anyone tell me if it is possible for me to reload my Windows SE installation disc without doing a complete reformat, in the hope that the missing bits will be installed? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Mary (Scotland) :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello again,
I had previously downloaded Java Sun but just to be on the safe side I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. Still no luck! When I try to go into the Radio programme it is trying to open: javascript:callPlayer('1052') and when I try to look at the seating plan on the aircraft it is trying to open: javascript:launchSeatPlan. Also when I go into 'Internet Tools' and click on Sun Java Console it is tellling me it has not been selected as the 'default browser' although I have already enabled it.
Please can you help? :sad:
Mary (Scotland)

post a link to the site you are trying to use .ill see if it works for me !

Hi there, It is the Saga Radio on 105.2 FM, Glasgow. I feel if I get this one sorted then the others will automatically be sorted. Thanks for your help.

http://www.saga.co.uk/radio/home/index.asp

Mary (Scotland)

Hello again, Success!!! I'm not sure what I did as I was trying just about everything. I think it was something to do with a 'debugging script' programme I downloaded. All Javascript now operating normally. Thanks again.
Mary (Scotland)

Hello again, Success!!! I'm not sure what I did as I was trying just about everything. I think it was something to do with a 'debugging script' programme I downloaded. All Javascript now operating normally. Thanks again.
Mary (Scotland)

Right ON ,glad to here you fixed it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.