My computer keeps shutting off and restarting by itself. When it restarts it says, "You system has recovered from a serious error" Then it gives me some code that looks like this

BCCode : 7f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Then when i look at the summary it says this

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021205-09.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\VENTIC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml

Would anyone know where that is, anyway im going to look for it.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My computer keeps shutting off and restarting by itself. When it restarts it says, "You system has recovered from a serious error" Then it gives me some code that looks like this

BCCode : 7f BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Then when i look at the summary it says this

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021205-09.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\VENTIC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir01\sysdata.xml

Would anyone know where that is, anyway im going to look for it.

hi this a copy\ paste from Smart Computing .com
Problem: Another reader complains about a system that reboots unexpectedly at random times and then presents an error message when WinXP starts again.

Error Message: "The system has recovered from a serious error. C:\Windows\Minidump020404-01.dmp C:\Docume~1\Darle~1\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5E.tmp.diroo\sysdata.xml"

Solution: This error message reveals a problem with a memory dump (an inventory of the contents of computer memory; sometimes referred to as a minidump). It seems the OS created a memory dump file but forgot about it, so it's attempting to create the file again. The resulting conflict leads to a serious error and the sudden system meltdown.

The minidump error is sometimes associated with an outdated video driver (a program that facilitates communication between a hardware component and the rest of the system), so one potential solution is to download a driver update for the video card. The reader can get one by visiting the Support or Downloads area of the card manufacturer's Web site. An updated driver may take care of the problem, but regardless of whether it does, we also recommend downloading the WinXP patch that Microsoft released to combat memory dump problems. The reader can get the update by visiting http://www.microsoft.com
/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3D41A046-0E2C-429F-8F40-F30014ADC3BB and clicking Download in the upper-right section of the page. Next, he should access the Windows Update site and install WinXP SP1a from the list of critical updates.

Just for good measure, the reader should take a moment to purge his system of the minidump and Sysdata.xml files by deleting them from the C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS and C:/WINDOWS folders, respectively. He can restart the computer when the files are gone.

Thank you very much for the post. I downloaded the patch, of course i dont know if it works, the PC has not shut down, but in any case, if problems persist ill post again to see if there is anymore help. :)

Great:}........

i had exactly the same problem...i just uninstalled service pack 2 and put service pack 1 back in...thats it ...cured

i had exactly the same problem...i just uninstalled service pack 2 and put service pack 1 back in...thats it ...cured

ah ,yes but now you don't have sp2.so your fix is leaving you less secure ,if that really matters !

well, ile try service pack 2 in again.....when i formatted my pc i put service pack 2 in and not 1 .....then i had problems...maybe pack 1 has patches in it that prevent this problem and 2 hasnt got them. ile see if the prob comes back with 2

well, ile try service pack 2 in again.....when i formatted my pc i put service pack 2 in and not 1 .....then i had problems...maybe pack 1 has patches in it that prevent this problem and 2 hasnt got them. ile see if the prob comes back with 2

sp2 is sp1 updated !when you formated and reloaded windows ,was sp2 the fery next thing you install,like before you put any other software on .

i installed sp2....and i was back to the same problem again..
uninstalled it and its running fine again.....

i think that my gf 6600gt and service pack 2 dont mix...yet

i get the problem when i play ut 2004 and no other games
didnt have this prob when i had my 9800 pro in on sp2
i have all the latest drivers in it.
specs

3000 amd 64
128 gf 6600gt
1 gig kingston value
gigabyte k8ns pro mb
160 maxtor

i did have sp1 in first then i put sp2 next before anything was put in

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.