hi,
I've got a game in this file format(.cdd ,.sub,.img) i dont know how to use these... please can someone direct me on how to end up playing this game... thank you for your help....

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

any reason why you didn't give us a little more info ,like ,what game and how you are trying to get it to run! did you install the game on you computer ,did you go to start ,all programs ,and see if it put a start icon there ,if there is no exe file then i don't see how it will run

ok..I Downloaded this game(MCM2)... and there were no .exe files but there were these 3 files in the folder - MCM2.cdd,MCM2.img and MCM2.sub..

ok..I Downloaded this game(MCM2)... and there were no .exe files but there were these 3 files in the folder - MCM2.cdd,MCM2.img and MCM2.sub..

could be a corrupt download ,where did you get it from!web site or p2p like limewire or one of the others

Well, i got it from those torrent ppl.....LOL...

Well, i got it from those torrent ppl.....LOL...

see if you had said that at first, we would not have had to pull it from you like a dentist pulling teeth !
it likely a trojan and not a game .lol

maybe you'd download the daemon tools from the daemon tools' website.This is a virtual drive like cd/dvd rom.Install it.Click on it mount your file.If it not run automatically then go to the mycomuter and if you do it well then you'll see the icon of this ,just click on the icon

thanks flaming claw.....I'll try it out....

Those sound like uninstalled files that need the proprietary installer to extract the files and install them.

Get Dvd Decrypter
http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

use the .iso write mode and depending on the size burn to a CD(<800mb) or a DVD(up to 4.7GB)

Or as the poster above mentioned install Daemon Tools an mount the .img file with that.

I'd recommend turning off autorun and doing a virus scan on the file before you open it as any program from any file sharing system should be suspect. You can disable autorun temporarily by holding shift when the disk is inserted, or in the case of Daemon Tools hold shift immediately after the .img file is mounted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.