Hi

I am running XP on a small sony laptop using a dial up line. I can see when I dial the isp it verfies the password and i get an icon in the system tray to say I am connected. Open internet explorer and it does not find any webpages, try to get Email and it says can't connect to server. I have changed the ISP, checked the servers for the ISPs. I have also tried using Netscape and still no joy.

I have uninstalled Norton Internet security and turned off Microsofts firewall, still no joy.

Does anybody have any Ideas ???

Timm

Have you verified that your connection is setup in IE, tools, optiones, connections?

You will also need to make sure yout connection is setup in your mail client as well.

Hi

I am running XP on a small sony laptop using a dial up line. I can see when I dial the isp it verfies the password and i get an icon in the system tray to say I am connected. Open internet explorer and it does not find any webpages, try to get Email and it says can't connect to server. I have changed the ISP, checked the servers for the ISPs. I have also tried using Netscape and still no joy.

I have uninstalled Norton Internet security and turned off Microsofts firewall, still no joy.

Does anybody have any Ideas ???

Timm

Have you verified that your connection is setup in IE, tools, optiones, connections?

You will also need to make sure yout connection is setup in your mail client as well.

Yes I have checked that, but will check again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.