I Purchased A New Toshiba P35 2692 Laptop. I Downloaded The Drivers From A Disc For My Cable Modem Internet Connection,everything Went Very Smooth, Until I Went On Line In To Ebay Websie And Attempted To Put In My Password And Go To "myebay" The Screen Went Blue And A Message Telling Me A Fatal Error Has Occurred Appeared! From There The Only Option Is To Shut Down The Pc Manualy. I Have Windows Xp Home Version And I Noticed It Comes With Its Own Built -in Fire Wall. Could This Be The Problem? Should I Close It? Any Suggestions Would Be Helpfull Thanks,zigy

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What error message do you get?

down at the bottom of the screen, it will say:

STOP: 0x000000##

where ## will be some number. Tell us what that is, and we might be able to help you what the issue is. Additionally, let us know what model cable modem you've got, and who your ISP is.

Hi Alex Here Is The Actual Message "a Problem Has Been Detected Windows Has Shut Down To Prevent Damage To Your Computer " Bugcode_usb_driver Here Is The Stop: Oxoooooofe (oxooooooo2,ox81ba6ca0,ox81a3b448,ox81bb7368) Also My Isp :optimum On Line Cablevision And The Modem Is Motorola Surfboard Sb4200

What error message do you get?

down at the bottom of the screen, it will say:

STOP: 0x000000##

where ## will be some number. Tell us what that is, and we might be able to help you what the issue is. Additionally, let us know what model cable modem you've got, and who your ISP is.

HI ALEX THIS IS THE ACTUAL MESSAGE: A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR PC ; BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER STOP: 0X000000FE (0X00000002,0X81BA6CA0,0X81A3B448,0X81BB7368

thanks kyle for the website eyo i found many people with the same problem! this looks to be a driver issue related to my high speed cable modem i am going to contact my cable company

commented: Glad to have helped you! +1

Glad to be of service!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.