I boot my PC, windows loads up, I type my login and password. After a while it shows desktop without any icons (just a wallpaper) also there is no taskbar. It stays this way 4ever. Happens also in safe mode and VGA mode

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just a suggestion:
If things will turn out to be the same after so
many remedies, better reinstall your Windows again...

I boot my PC, windows loads up, I type my login and password. After a while it shows desktop without any icons (just a wallpaper) also there is no taskbar. It stays this way 4ever. Happens also in safe mode and VGA mode

try alt+ctrl+del when task manager opens ,go to processes and if you see EXPLORER.EXE click on it and end process ,then go to file ,new task ,and type in explorer.exe click OK

I know this may sound corny and u've prob tried it but right clck on hte scren go tto proerties and check (if u can) that the menus and icons are set to be visible. I had one client with this problem and the cure was to turn on the screen details but I cannot remmber exactly where it was but bettefr than a completre restore!
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.