hello daniweb community, can any one help me? my xp machine cannot log in to my desktop, after loading xp and when it shows the blue windows where the logo of xp is shown , it is stuck there forever. I am able to load it in safe mode. Is there any way to recover from this? I have changed my bios battery.

thanks, help me asap pls.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

in safe mode do a restore to an earlier date if that is available.

in safe mode do a restore to an earlier date if that is available.

The question is, how do I do a restore to an earlier date.
What are the steps to restore.

Thanks!

go to start /all program /accessories /system tools /system restore .

Tried to do a restore but getting message System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run system restore again. I have also noticed that when I load my PC in Safe mode, I am getting an administration account and my own account. I tried logging in the admin account but it won`t let me.

Tried to do a restore but getting message System restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run system restore again. I have also noticed that when I load my PC in Safe mode, I am getting an administration account and my own account. I tried logging in the admin account but it won`t let me.

maybe because you are un safe mode ,or a virus/trojan could cause the restore to no work .

I am getting an administration account and my own account. I tried logging in the admin account but it won`t let me

why! what error or message pops up when you try

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.