I have a Paviion a6120n running Vista Home Premium. I cannot seem to find my drives. All I am now shown is (C), (D) and (E). Although the iPods will charge and are able to be used, my MP3 will not charge and isn't even recognize. Computer is not reading my camera card either. Can anyone help with technology for dummies??????

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Wow!
Normally any 2000/xp/vista will recognise devices such as cameras, memory sticks, drives, Cds; dvds, hard disc etc as long as the drivers foir such devices are instlled or are normal microsfot recognised drivers;

If you have special units such as memory sticks tht at not recognised you may need to install thier drivers; (they may come on enclosed CDs etc)

Items such as mp3 players and ipods etc may need theor own driver software that comes with them... this may be why your machine cna't see them.

BOL.
M

Vista sucks for older cameras and phones etc, the driver support is just not there.

Google each brand indivually
e.g. "ipod (your specific model) vista driver"
So on and so forth.

I have to transfer my photos onto xp then over to vista via portable drive, simply because vista does not support the driver my camera requires, Pretty S#@t really. Bring on windows 7!

Bring on windows 7!

it will not be any better! for older stuff ,it doesn't recognize my ATI Readon 9200 series agp video card ,or my Intellienet wireless usb device ,+ a lot of software i tried to install ! but thats what i expect ,because it for the new age of computing .

it will not be any better! for older stuff ,it doesn't recognize my ATI Readon 9200 series agp video card ,or my Intellienet wireless usb device ,+ a lot of software i tried to install ! but thats what i expect ,because it for the new age of computing .

Lets not forget though, vista never took so all the little coders stayed in their warm and cozy xp dens!

If 7 takes then the support will grow!

And from what I've been hearing around the town, 7 is striking all the right notes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.