im getting an error message when i boot up that windows is missing load dll's. when i try to start up in safe mode, it says that the missing files are ntoskrnl.exe hal.dll and dkcom.dll i have another computer that is exactly the same hardware, and has windows set up nearly identical, and i tried replacing the files with copies of the files from that second computer but still no luck. i can't run a repair because for some reason when i try, the windows repair only shows an unformatted partition, but when i plug the harddrive into my other computer as a slave, i can access the files just fine. is there any way to fix this without reformatting?

im getting an error message when i boot up that windows is missing load dll's. when i try to start up in safe mode, it says that the missing files are ntoskrnl.exe hal.dll and dkcom.dll i have another computer that is exactly the same hardware, and has windows set up nearly identical, and i tried replacing the files with copies of the files from that second computer but still no luck. i can't run a repair because for some reason when i try, the windows repair only shows an unformatted partition, but when i plug the harddrive into my other computer as a slave, i can access the files just fine. is there any way to fix this without reformatting?

Check this site .scroll dow a bit to see missing hal.dll and couple more down for the ntoskrnl one ,
http://www.freewebs.com/mobosnetxp/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.