fraunthall 0 Newbie Poster

I have just found a non-working entry in XP Pro's Device Manager's listing for Network Adapter entitled "Trend Micro Passthru Ndis Miniport #2" which tells me that that "Windows can't load driver".

There is a driver actually loaded called "TMPassthru.sys"

I cannot delete this entry in Device Manager.

When I search the Registry I find many entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET001/CONTROL/ etc. containing reference to driver version 1.1.1076.0 for TM's driver, and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET001/enum/Root/TMPASSTHRUMP/0001, as well as at least one reference under ATI, which could refer either to Acronis True Image or ATI, the display adapter company, as I have software from both sources installed on my computer.

I also have Trend Micro's Rubotted Beta software installed and running on my PC. Perhaps I should uniinstall that, in which case, unless any of my other sofware legitimately is using some Trend Micro modules or programs, that should eliminate any legitimate Trend Micro stuff on my PC.

First of all, am I looking at a Trojan here? If so, how can I delete the Device Manager entry? Just going through the Registry and deleteing every reference to this "Trend Micro Passthru Ndis Miniport #2" or anything resembling it may screw something else up. Any help would be appreciated.

Fraunt Hall

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.