Modem error 630. Modem not recognized. Modem diagnotics Com port 3. Device Manager has no port3 only 1 and 2. This modem has worked before.
It is in windows me.
Have tried removing modem, restart computer but the system still auto installs it to com port 3.
Hope someone can help THANKS

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Modem error 630. Modem not recognized. Modem diagnotics Com port 3. Device Manager has no port3 only 1 and 2. This modem has worked before.
It is in windows me.
Have tried removing modem, restart computer but the system still auto installs it to com port 3.
Hope someone can help THANKS

HI,Win ME/98 its been awhile for me but,i think if you go to the modem icon in control panel you can remove and reinstall modem and choose a different com port

Thanks for your reply. This is not my comp just helping a friend. Win Me Mellennium if that makes a difference I had already tried what you said but keeps auto install to com port 3. No com port 3 in device manager. Thanks again anyway. Chery

Thanks for your reply. This is not my comp just helping a friend. Win Me Mellennium if that makes a difference I had already tried what you said but keeps auto install to com port 3. No com port 3 in device manager. Thanks again anyway. Chery

did you just install this modem in the computer or was it allready installed,if you can take it out you can look on the modem for a jumper to set it to com 1 or 2 ,some older modems had this option ,or you maybe to enter the BIOS on bootup and look in ther to set the com port .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.