what do i do?config sys error on line one.dll error trying to open up camera,digital.help please

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Everyone's config.sys file can vary depending on their exact system configuration. Post the contents of your config.sys file here so that we can see exactly what's going on.

cool.i didnt think i would get a responce.sorry to sound like a goof but how do i do that?greately appreciated

I keep getting a error but I forgot what error I will have to go back and see what it is and come back in here do y'all help with anykind of errors in this room or only sys config errors so when I will come back I will know whether to go to another room or come directly back to this room

sorry to sound like a goof but how do i do that?

Config.sys is a hidden system file that lives in your main C:\ folder. In order to see it, you have to go into Windows Explorer's View options and set them to show hidden/system files and folders. Config.sys is just a simple text file that contains some command lines, so once you make the file visible, you can open it in Notepad and cut-n-paste the contents of the file here.

What version of Windows are you using? I'm asking for two reasons:

a) the way you make hidden files visible is different in Win 2000/XP than it is in 95/98/ME.

b) You've posted your question in our "Spyware" forum, which probably isn't the right forum for the particular problem you're having. When I know which version of Windows you use, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum.

i have windows 98se

OK- to see all files in 98SE, open Explorer and:

1. Select the View menu and then click Folder Options.
  2. After the new window appears select the View tab.
  3. Scroll down until you see the Show all files radio button and select it.
  4. Press the Apply button and then the OK button

config.sys should then be visible in your C:\ directory, and you will be able to open it in Windows Notepad. From there, just hilight all of the contents of the file and chose Copy from the Edit menu and paste the results into a new post in this thread.

Do not make any edits/changes to config.sys while you have it open in Notepad!! If you accidentally do change something, choose "No" when Notepad asks you if you want to save the changes.

Start - Run - Sysedit

Will also get you into the config.sys file....

Did you try to install a camera?

Do a copy and paste of your config.sys file here but this should be an easy fix...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.