I didn't know where my question fits so I posted it where because it happens everytime I open IE. Everytime I open my browser, I get this warning from Spybot S&D saying that I want to download Avenue A, Inc and asks me if I want to stop it or not. I don't remember downloading anything from Avenue A, Inc. I googled the name and found a URL and the company actually exists.

I am sick and tired of getting that warning box all the time. I have Ad-aware and Spybot S&D installed on my computer and I have scanned my computer for Spyware many times, but i keep getting the same warning box.

Please look at the attached .jpg and please help me out here. Please let me know how I can get rid of that warning box. Thanks a million in advance.

luckydude

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

yeah its spyware, run spybot S&D remove all instances of spyware then remove the kept entries in the backup.

if you tried that and it didnt help, run Hijackthis and post your log so we can take a look at whats going on.

checkout adaware. i find it does a good job

Hi luckydude,

In the options for SpyBot Immunizer, set it to "Block Harmful Downloads Silently" and you won't be bothered with the Warning Message again.

Cheers.

checkout adaware. i find it does a good job

Olio, I've had ad-aware for a long time, but it doesn't help that much. I like Spybot better. Anyhow Catweazle, I did the exact same thing as you told me and it seems like it's working. Let see what happens.

BountyX, I will certainly do as you said. In fact, I am doing it right now.

Thanks all for you help.

Luckydude

luckydude, I'd suggest you use both on your system. Have Spybot set to immunize, and run AdAware as a manual scan every so often.

Each picks up stuff that the other misses, and they don't chuck 'hissy-fits' and conflict the way Virus Scanners do if you have more than one installed.

luckydude, I'd suggest you use both on your system. Have Spybot set to immunize, and run AdAware as a manual scan every so often.

Each picks up stuff that the other misses, and they don't chuck 'hissy-fits' and conflict the way Virus Scanners do if you have more than one installed.

I've had both installed on my machine ever since I became a member of this forum board. I like both of them, one can do certain things better and another does certain things better.

Luckydude

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.