A water drip sound plays every once and a while while the computer is in use. I do not know where it is coming from, I've checked sound preferences in control panel, as well as internet options (i see no sound prefs there). How do I get rid of it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It's definitely in the sounds. It's one of the settings, so you'll get to check them all!

can you provide us with any more info? perhaps if youve installed Plus for XP?

A water drip sound plays every once and a while while the computer is in use. I do not know where it is coming from, I've checked sound preferences in control panel, as well as internet options (i see no sound prefs there). How do I get rid of it?

Are you running a pop-up blocker? Many of them produce audio cues when a pop-up is blocked.

Is your computer liquid cooled? :lol:

I had the same problem. Found the anwser on http://www.computercops.biz/postlite12442-.html If you are running a program call pestpatrol it will make a drip noise to indicate a block cookie. I stoped using pestpatrol and solved the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.