Is there something intrinsically wrong with OE 8? Ever since installing it I have had trouble. Half the time it wont load the Home page although I can get it via Favourites. Frequently I get the Send Message to Microsoft It usually then reloads the page by itself. I would like to revert to 7 what is the best way to go about this?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Uh, what? There is no such thing as Outlook Express 8? The last version was 6 and its now discontinued?

Uh, what? There is no such thing as Outlook Express 8? The last version was 6 and its now discontinued?

Sorry Senior moment, does Internet Exploreer make more sense?

Yes, of course, sorry i just got a bit confused as well.

Okay, a few questions. Is this XP or vista? and do you have system restore enabled?

P.S i dont really reccomend going back to 7. 8 will keep trying to download itself, because its a critical update.

8 isnt a huge change from 7, so i dont see why its giving you problems. Most likely a faulty add-on or something as opposed to a browser bug. Have you tried resetting the browser settings and/or running it in safe mode?

I am using XP and System Restore is enabled. I will try your suggestions.

Thank you all fixed now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.