Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MartyMcFly

I won't be invisible by default. But you could go into each OS and unassign the drive letter for the other installation/disk via disk management.

AJZ

Thanx AJZ, - Would this prevent viruses and spyware from accessing the unassigned disk?

Done & Thnx. Reason for 2nd exclusive OS is a son who doesnt beleive in worrying about spyware or viruses.

You can also set the NTFS permissions such that one OS cant access the drive of the second one.

I thought NTFS permissions are stored on the disk itself. If you set deny permissions in one OS, the same permissions will apply to the other OS too. For example, if you have XP on C: and D:, and if you set deny permissions to D: from the OS installed in C:, you will not be able to even boot the OS installed in D:. The same applies the other way too. I don't think NTFS permissions are the way to go in this case. Best bet is to remove the drive letter from disk management.

I think the best solution is the removable caddy,2 hdd ,2 windows installs . ,shutdown take your out ,put it away ,let son install his when he uses the computer .

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.