OK How do I?
I rec'd the following instructions:
actually instead of copying the insruction i'll just copy the site:
http://www.winternals.com/support/d...asp?Article=474

so my quesiton is, I am Using Roxio, and how do i copy a bootable Read Only CD while adding a file to it?

I ONLY HAVE ONE CD DRIVE.

I did the Roxio Creator Classic, and Select ALL to the D: drive (source) and dragged it over to the bottom pane of the roxio CD applicaiton window. I then drived to the location of the files i need to add and dragged tha as well to the appropriate folder on the bottom pane as well.

I then clikc on burn icon at the bottom left of the Roxio window and it has now brought up anothe window:

Title: Disc Caching
Caching..
D:\...and the directories..\..\
Caching progress...[][][][][][][] ...

but it was caching for i believe over an hour, i clicked cancel and did it again..and I guess it takes this long to cache?

does anyone know if I am doing this right and if it normally takes this long to cache?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well I think if its read only you can only read it perhaps I'm wrong though but even if you could copy it you probly wouldn't be able to add a file to it at the same time youd probly just have to save the files to your computer than burn it.

Well I think if its read only you can only read it perhaps I'm wrong though but even if you could copy it you probly wouldn't be able to add a file to it at the same time youd probly just have to save the files to your computer than burn it.

sorry I meant that the source CD is read only a CD-R but I meant add file to it, meaning Add file to the CD that I am creating.

so the CD i want to create is Source CD + *.inf file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.