Hi Guys,

I have a client with an SBS 2003 server. They use a Microsoft Access 2007 database which is split in two. a front end (Which includes all the forms) and each of the client PC's has a copy of the frontend on their PC's. And a backend (which contains only the tables of data) which sits on the SBS 2003 domain controller. Each client PC links their front-end to the tables on the back-end.
They now have a requirement for certain users to be able to access this database remotely.
I have suggested using a windows 2008 server with Terminal services enabled. - However, on doing some investagiation I have been told that each user who needs to connect remotely to the termninal server would need a Full Open Licence of Office 2007 Proffessional. This would be over $500 per user and is just not viable.

I was wondering if I could install a copy of MS Access Runtime 2007 on the terminal server ( And create a shortcut to the 'All users' profile desktop) which uses the front-end of their existing database to point to the data on the back-end.

or is there some other solution without having to install the full Office suite on the terminal server

regards

SoHo IT

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sknake

I don't think there is anything you can do about this. You have to use volume purchasing licenses for the new terminal servers or use an older version of office.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.