I have in my computer installed Outlook Express "6" after formating anew my hard disk. Outlook Express is working perfectly. But I cannot import my back-upped files "DBX" from the the folder where they were stored. ( I can see them all in this folder, found them during search process etc ) After starting the import operation and going trough all its recomended steps I am receiving the following message:
" Na messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required file open".
Advise,pls
Thanks and regards
Erwin

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

where did you store them for the format .
I just go to the backup folder and right click and copy the files ,then go the the new outlook store folder and open it an paste the old in .,that is if you backed them up right in the first place .
open outlook /tools options/maintenence /store folder to get the path to the new folder .

where did you store them for the format .
I just go to the backup folder and right click and copy the files ,then go the the new outlook store folder and open it an paste the old in .,that is if you backed them up right in the first place .
open outlook /tools options/maintenence /store folder to get the path to the new folder .

- Do you mean OUTLOOK EXPRESS store folder ?
I did all that copying & pasting of the .dbx files into the store folder, but O Express doesn't want to recognise them. Any ideas to solve this ?

- Do you mean OUTLOOK EXPRESS store folder ?
I did all that copying & pasting of the .dbx files into the store folder, but O Express doesn't want to recognise them. Any ideas to solve this ?

yes express, did you create an acct first in outlook ,while off line ,or before you download new emails ,so you don't loose them when you copy/paste

Not quite as you said; but I finally sorted it by matching the folder names created by OE to the names of the .dbx files. Tks for advice.

Outlook Express DBX recovery software is capable of restoring every item from corrupt DBX files. Outlook Express stores mailbox data of its user in DBX file format.This tool deal with damaged, corrupted or inaccessible DBX files and accurately recovers the file.Visit :- Click Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.