when i try to install an educational software programme which is available in cd, and which requires registration through net, the programme/computer is not connecting to the net. Due to this the installation gets aborted. I use win XP SP1. Kindly help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

1. upadate if XP to Sp 2 as a minimum.
Connection to the net may require knowing the exact site but usually edn software is ok. give more details
M

1. upadate if XP to Sp 2 as a minimum.
Connection to the net may require knowing the exact site but usually edn software is ok. give more details
M

I have upgraded ti XP SP3. Connection is going now but the same error as earlier is persisting.
Details of error: When next button on the registration window is cliked after entering all the required details
The the Error window is displayed with following comments

Error Code REG(105)
Error Occurred during registration, try again later.

when 'ok' is clicked the next window displays as below

Registration failed, aborting installation.

The programme exits.

Can you kindly help me.

cant help a lot ! registration fails for various reasons
1: It is already registered
2:It is not a legitimate copy
3: The details filled in are not correct
4: the details filled in do not tally with some other check (eg wrong bank card no or out of date etc
5:The registry in your computer has an entry which interferes with registration on line (sometimes an incomplete installation leaves the registry screwed up)
6: It is possible that there are problems at the computer system of the software you are trying to register;
7: virus or malware may prevent registration

My only positive suggestion is to try googling the name of the software followed by the phrase / error codes of the non registering, others may have the same problem.
Good luck
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.