Can someone tell me...... does a user actually have to be logged into a server for it to work correctly? OR is it correct to say that as long as the server is ON everything will work.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by goldeagle2005

That's true, but once you've configured the server and configured all required settings, you could log off the account, leave the server at the login screen and it will continue 'serving'

Edited by goldeagle2005: n/a

That's true, but once you've configured the server and configured all required settings, you could log off the account, leave the server at the login screen and it will continue 'serving'

.... to someone (or something) who logs in.

.... to someone (or something) who logs in.

Let's take an example of IIS running on a Win 2003 machine. Once you've configured the IIS settings, specified your root directory and placed your web content there, it would continue serving web pages to anyone who connects to it, even if there's no local user logged in.

I guess what I should've added to my last post was

and configured all required settings, you could log off the local account

Can someone tell me...... does a user actually have to be logged into a server for it to work correctly? OR is it correct to say that as long as the server is ON everything will work.

Let's take an example of IIS running on a Win 2003 machine. Once you've configured the IIS settings, specified your root directory and placed your web content there, it would continue serving web pages to anyone who connects to it, even if there's no local user logged in.

I suppose it's how you interpret the OP. Yours is probably what the OP meant.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.