When I boot up my comp everything starts up fine but, especially when I get online on my modem my computer slows down problaby takes 30seconds to a minute to even up a web page window, none the less running a video game or anything else for that matter. my svchost.exe has been running from 66 to up to 70% it may see my cpu usage drop to zero then Suddenly pick back up to 100%. Also System is using up the rest of the cpu dunno what the world it does or how to fix this Ive run virus software from norton, adaware 6 and spybot, even used the registry cleaner from macecraft.com. Regedit will not stay open nore will my anti virus software to even update it. I have to run it in safe mode which my comp runs fine.

Thanks

there's already a thread going talking about this problem. try some of the ideas in there, see if it fixes the problem.

<a href="showthread.php?p=2045#post2045" target="_blank">svchost takes up to 99% of cpu </a>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.