i m using hp520 laptop..ram 512MB hard disk 80GB.. & core duo processor.. last time i got some problem & i had 2 format it..but while i am inserting my windows sp2 its showing SET UP IS INSPECTING YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION.................................... & there after no process takes place..i tried out windows vista & other operating systems like windows 98 but nothing had been achieved...to some extent what i know it seems that it has got some hardware problem..i am not able to install operating system on it..plz help..

whatever may be the case.. if anybody has d solution do send me i want to know, try & learn..

WITH REGARDS
UJJWAL

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi,
As your CD is working i can not think what could be causing you any problem other than your HD or OS disk. You said you tried Vista and 98, do you mean you tried to install them with the same result, they started to install then did nothing? Try and get a copy of Hirens boot disk or a boot disk with disk checking programs, and use one of the programs there to check your Hard drive. If you can use a friends PC, you can make your own dos boot disk and format you hard drive in Dos before you start to install windows again or download programs to check your disk in Dos.

any errors shown on the screen while installing the OS?

any errors shown on the screen while installing the OS?

nonerrors only its showing....SET UP IS INSPECTING YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION....................................& then nothing happens..

hi.......
thanx 4 d suggestion..i was nt knowing about HIREN'S BOOT CD... i m downloading it & will let u know if it works??
the HIREN'S BOOT CD seems very useful..let me use it once then only i can know d benefits.. if u need any other thing 2 suggest us u r welcome..i will soon get back 2 u...byeeeeeee

Did you guys solve this problem? I'm having the same issue. Please let me know if you fixed it and how.

Thanks

I think that you have an error that say:no hard drive found. At notebooks HDD are usually on SATA and most of windows version don't have the SATA drivers in. Solution: go to Bios and disable AHCI mode or SATA mode .

hi.. i used hiren's boot cd..it showes hardware error..but after that windows 2000 server os got installed. u mst b knowing a process where os is being installed 4m hard disk by back up & bootable disk. copy d back up 2 any of d hard disk drives..initiated d procss by running bootable cd & providing d address of d drive where back up has been saved... by dis process i got my windows 2003 installed back in to the system.. try out dis..hope u get sme solution..

there was no problem called no hard disk found.. already checked sata mode..
i used hiren's boot cd..it showes hardware error..but after that windows 2000 server os got installed. u mst b knowing a process where os is being installed 4m hard disk by back up & bootable disk. copy d back up 2 any of d hard disk drives..initiated d procss by running bootable cd & providing d address of d drive where back up has been saved... by dis process i got my windows 2003 installed back in to the system..

Hi,
I have very little idea what you are talking about, but if the problem is now fixed, "by dis process i got my windows 2003 installed back in to the system.. " please mark as solved. If not solved, pleas post again and try to explain what you are saying. "u mst b knowing a process where os is being installed 4m hard disk by back up & bootable disk. copy d back up 2 any of d hard disk drives..initiated d procss by running bootable cd & providing d address of d drive where back up has been saved..." I have no idea what that is about.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.