when ever I open some programs it opens cmd for 1 millisecond then closes it. It asks me for permission and under advanced it would say:
"cmd.exe" /c takedown /f
"C:\windows\system32\sdclt.exe" && icacls
"C:\Windows\system32\sdclt.exe" /grant
administrator :F

The Sdclt.exe part can be changed to other programs. When installing I have to set as admin for all the programs. if not when i click to install it opens cmd then closes. Please help determine the problem. Do i need to reinstall vista? Would it be fixed if i upgrade vista to win7?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

The programms you are installing, are they Vista approved programms, since Vista was the first Win OS that did not encorporate Dos at the comand line at all?

Well its programs like cmd that does this then quit. Also firefox when installing updates I have to run as admin. This has never been like this.

Depending on the other account type you are using, the user types are very strict in Win Vista and could be that the other account does not allow you to install software that is not 100% Vista approved without being Admin, and somewhere there is a setting to swicth off the confirmation for installation for Approved software, but I can't remember where.

But I can't figure out the cmd that pops up, did you resently install a program that might be using the comand line?

when ever I open some programs it opens cmd for 1 millisecond then closes it. It asks me for permission and under advanced it would say:
"cmd.exe" /c takedown /f
"C:\windows\system32\sdclt.exe" && icacls
"C:\Windows\system32\sdclt.exe" /grant
administrator :F

The Sdclt.exe part can be changed to other programs. When installing I have to set as admin for all the programs. if not when i click to install it opens cmd then closes. Please help determine the problem. Do i need to reinstall vista? Would it be fixed if i upgrade vista to win7?
Thanks

I think we need to have an illustrative list of programs where this happens and similarly where this (CMD) doesn't. Also when it doesn't what does "Advanced" say when requesting your permission?

I have been changing system files from askvg's guide to make vista look like win7. I tryed to delete the take ownership .reg file but it still exists. How do you guy do a repair install?

It came as there was no error. Is there like a repair upgrade?

Go back to a restore point before you messed around with Vista?

There are no system restore points that was before this problem.

So, you do need to re-install Vista, in my opinion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.