hi,

I've recently formated my computer after catching a nasty virus and re-installed xp but instead of running smoothly everything that i move the scrolling is really slow. Does anyone know how i can cure this

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi good evening how are you doing today

happy sunday all the best

hi,

I've recently formated my computer after catching a nasty virus and re-installed xp but instead of running smoothly everything that i move the scrolling is really slow. Does anyone know how i can cure this

hi,you reinstalled windows ,But did you install mothereboard drivers and other device drier like sound and especially video drivers

thanks for the reply. no i haven't reinstalled the driver's but didn't think i had to as the computer is working ok just really slow. how do i re-install them if that's what i need to do? also when i re-installed xp it told me that there was already an os on my computer and installing another may affect the computers installment do you think that could have something to do with it?

t also when i re-installed xp it told me that there was already an os on my computer and installing another may affect the computers installment do you think that could have something to do with it?

that means you didn't format the harddrive when you reinstalled windows, as for drivers you should have gottin cd's with drivers for the motherboard and all other addin devices when you bought the computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.