Hi - Im new!!!!!

Anyway, hope someone can help!
I had a problem with my display adapter (S3 Savage Inc (Engineering BitFlip) which forced me to have to download it from the internet in order to reinstall.
Now I seemed to have most of the colors back but im stuck on the lowest resolution. Each time I go into Properties > settings to change the resolution - when I hot the 'settings' tab my computer just goes black-screen forcing me to have to restart.
I cant even re-install the driver - as I need to get into the 'settings' which it wont allow!!

Help!

What resolution are you trying to change it to?

What is the size of your monitor?

It sounds like you're just picking the wrong resolution. I'd start small, and move up gradations, like 800x600, then to 1024x768, and so forth. Also, you can go in to Device Manager (right click My Computer, then click Device Manager), and remove the device from the Display Adapters section, which will allow you to reinstall the driver.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.