Hello everyone. I recently installed windows 7 Professional and I have moved my stuff( documents etc ). I tried to install Visual C++ 2005 Express edition but it has compatibility issues. I wanted to download Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. I just wanted to ask if anyone has installed it and if so, if it had some compatibility issues with Windows 7 that will take time to fix.
Thank You.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Hello everyone. I recently installed windows 7 Professional and I have moved my stuff( documents etc ). I tried to install Visual C++ 2005 Express edition but it has compatibility issues. I wanted to download Visual C++ 2008 Express edition. I just wanted to ask if anyone has installed it and if so, if it had some compatibility issues with Windows 7 that will take time to fix.
Thank You.

You may get a better response by posting here;

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum8.html

Edited by Adamsappleone: n/a

You should be able to install MinGW or Cygwin just as under vista, and then use those toolchains with the Netbeans IDE and its C++ plugin.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.