my computer recently had a virus and it said it deleted internet exlporer so i went to the microsoft website to download it. I have windows 2000 so i couldnt download microsoft 6. when i went to download 5.5 it tols me that an internet explorer application was running and i had to restart my copmuter to resume setup and nothing happened. how do i redownload it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

my computer recently had a virus and it said it deleted internet exlporer so i went to the microsoft website to download it. I have windows 2000 so i couldnt download microsoft 6. when i went to download 5.5 it tols me that an internet explorer application was running and i had to restart my copmuter to resume setup and nothing happened. how do i redownload it?

What did you do to fix this virus? The virus may have done more than you think - it may have corrupted IE, it may still be in, but the virus may be not letting it run. Is everything else working on your comeputer (any conflicts, slowing down, etc)?

peace

when i go into my computer and add/remove program the internet explorer selection that used to be there is not there now. When i went to download internet explore 5.1 i think or was it 5.01 im not sure but it said they detected a newer version of internet explorer on my computer. I guess i still have itbut then where did the remove option go?

i have windows 2000 and i went to download aol 9.0.after clicking on the icon aol loads but will not open

Did you click the box to the left when you open add/remover programs thats says add/remover windows components?

If internet explorer is in there you might try removing it there then reinstalling.

If there isn't a lot on your hard drive I would reformat instead.

Or you could download the mozilla web browser [its better than ie]
http://www.mozilla.org

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.