Hi,

When I create a new email in outlook this happens. I type in a letter in the TO: area say K, and it will show me a drop down list of all of the people I have emailed with the letter K in the beginning of their name. How can I edit this list or delete it and start over?

I have attached a screen shot.

TIA
Karleen

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi, I assume you can edit a registry entry somewhere not sure where ,but you can easily disable the option in tools/options on outlook toolbar

As I understand (I don't use Outlook) it just displays all the names in your address book that start with that letter. Therefore, to edit this list, you need to edit your address book.

As I understand (I don't use Outlook) it just displays all the names in your address book that start with that letter. Therefore, to edit this list, you need to edit your address book.

Nope, the address book is empty.

Nope, the address book is empty.

i no longer have outlook 2003 installed , but a googlr search found this info ,what i was talking about a few post back.

In Outlook you can shut the "suggestions" function off at Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Advanced E-Mail Options. Deselect "Suggest names while completing To,Cc and Bcc fields". To have Outlook autofill, type in the fewest needed characters, hit your space key and then hit enter.
I prefer to just click the "To" button in Outlook when composing a new message, select the name and click OK instead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.