This problem has been happening recently. My PC will just automatically shut down onto a blue screen which displays this error:

"Technical Information:
***STOP:Ox0000008E (OxC0000005, Ox8056537F, OxF3F96C94, Ox00000000)"

Anybody know how to fix this error?

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

blue error screens on NT/2k/XP/2k3 usually means a hardware problem

And that hardware problem, more often than not, usually means faulty RAM or mismatched RAM modules. Do you have two or more modules installed which are different brands? If so, ytry using them one at a time, in RAM slot 1, to see if the machine runs stable.

More specific information on your problem would help:

- What exact version of Windows? Give us the hardware specs of computer as well; as the others have said, STOP errors are often hardware-related in some way.

- Is what you posted the full contents of the BSOD message? If the error mentions a file, tell us that file's name.

- When did the crashing start to occur? Had you made any hardware or software changes at about that time (think carefully...)?

Ok guys I'm not a PC genius (in fact I just got my PC a year ago) so some of these things you guys are mentioning are like another language to me.

"faulty RAM or mismatched RAM modules" ???

"Do you have two or more modules installed which are different brands?" I have no idea what these are or how to check them.

"What exact version of Windows?" Windows XP Home Edition
"Give us the hardware specs of computer as well" How do I find out my hardware specs?

"Is what you posted the full contents of the BSOD message?" Yes the other info about the error is just saying my "computer had a problem"...."contact system administrator"...those type of things.

"When did the crashing start to occur?" As I said, recently. I probably got this error about 3-5 times this month.

"Had you made any hardware or software changes at about that time?" All I can think of was when I updated my videocard driver which I think may be the problem.

All I can think of was when I updated my videocard driver which I think may be the problem.

Good call; STOP:0x8E errors can be caused by video-related issues.

You should try to "roll back" the driver to the previous version and see if that has any effect on the problem:

- Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the resulting popup menu.

- In the Properties window, click the Hardware tab and then click the "Device Manager" button.

- Click the "+" sign next to the "Display Adapters" entry in the hardware list to show your video card; write down the name of the card in case we need it later.

- Righ-click on card's name, choose Properties from the menu and then click the Driver tab.

- Click the "Roll back driver" button and follow the prompts from there.

By the way:

"faulty RAM or mismatched RAM modules" ... I have no idea what these are or how to check them.

RAM means your computer's memory (RAM= Random Access Memory).

Memory comes on small separate cards (modules) that get plugged into sockets on your computer's motherboard (main circuit board). The memory chips on the cards can fail, and that will cause all sorts of Bad Things to happen. Over time, the modules can also physically work their way loose from their sockets, making for a bad electrical connection.

Additionally, there are different types of memory modules, and they're not all compatible with each other. This is what Catweazle was referring to in terms of "mismatched". If you haven't addded any memory to your computer since you bought it, a module mismatch won't be the problem.

Good call; STOP:0x8E errors can be caused by video-related issues.

You should try to "roll back" the driver to the previous version and see if that has any effect on the problem:

- Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and choose "Properties" from the resulting popup menu.

- In the Properties window, click the Hardware tab and then click the "Device Manager" button.

- Click the "+" sign next to the "Display Adapters" entry in the hardware list to show your video card; write down the name of the card in case we need it later.

- Righ-click on card's name, choose Properties from the menu and then click the Driver tab.

- Click the "Roll back driver" button and follow the prompts from there.

Thx I'll do this, but I'll only know if this worked if I don't get an error which could be awhile, so if I do receive one, I'll start a new thread. Thx for everyone's replies.

OK- get back to us when you can...

DUDE!!!!!!!!! After I turned on my PC this morning the color was set to 4 bit and my screen resolution was 800 by 600 pixels, where it's normally 16 bit and 1152 by 5 hundred something pixels. I can't even change the settings, and as I'm typing this, my screen keeps flickering everytime I punch in a key. What happened???

Boot into safe mode, unistall graphics drivers, and reinstall new drivers.

Either faulty RAM or mis-matched drivers. Do a roll back to last restore point or remove 1 RAM to test if blue screen error goes away.

hi every body !!! ive got a blue screen error and the dump file is available at this this link !!

http://rapidshare.com/files/157116513/Mini102408-01.dmp.html

please help me solve this problem as soon as possible !! i tried for a system restore but it dint help !:(

my system config:
Intel(R)
pentium(R) D CPU 2.80 GHZ ,448 mb ram

im using sp2

THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

also you should start your own post ,posting to the end of a post thats a few yrs old doesn't get the best help as most posters don't read older threads

results of debug .looks like ram problem

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.9.0003.113 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Desktop\Mini102408-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\WINDOWS\Symbolssp2
Executable search path is: 
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055c700
Debug session time: Fri Oct 24 10:26:40.859 2008 (GMT-3)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:00.556
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
.......................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000000A, {e1883094, 1c, 0, 804fac65}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: e1883094, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000001c, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, bitfield :
    bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
    bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 804fac65, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS:  e1883094 

CURRENT_IRQL:  1c

FAULTING_IP: 
nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6
804fac65 803b02          cmp     byte ptr [ebx],2

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xA

PROCESS_NAME:  System

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 83dc1c11 to 804fac65

STACK_TEXT:  
f255acbc 83dc1c11 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+0x2d6
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
f255ace8 83dbf5b2 ffffffff 00000067 83dd77d8 0x83dc1c11
f255ad24 83dbd57d e1821d04 83dbff9d f255ad08 0x83dbf5b2
f255ad8c 83dbd30e e187bc9c 842e1bb8 83dc2297 0x83dbd57d
f255addc 805450ce 83dc2245 842e1bb8 00000000 0x83dbd30e
f255ae64 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!WmiTraceMessageVa+0x35

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6
804fac65 803b02          cmp     byte ptr [ebx],2

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  42250a1e

IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0xA_nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6

BUCKET_ID:  0xA_nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+2d6

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

this error will exit only when there is problem in Ram

this problem arises when there is problem in ram

this error will come when there is problem in ram

hallo

To overcome all those problems why don't u restore your pc to aprevious date which u think it worked better. Do the followig to restore. click start then go to all programes and then click on accessories then click system tools and finelly click system restore and from there follow the instructions and choose adate which u think u pc worked better

ihave blue screen error on BartPE to boot the error code is f0xc0000034(0x000000000x00000000 on winxp
plz guide for me

how to creat BartPE on usb HDD tell me step by step guide

This problem has been happening recently. My PC will just automatically shut down onto a blue screen which displays this error:

"Technical Information:
***STOP:Ox0000008E (OxC0000005, Ox8056537F, OxF3F96C94, Ox00000000)"

Anybody know how to fix this error?

if you having two ram remove one ram and install new os after completeing installaion instert another ram it will acccept your system will run.

sii my system has th following problem

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a0
BCP1: 00000009
BCP2: C0000001
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080410-127733-01.dmp
C:\Users\jai Guru Dev\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-483306-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

please give me the solution

Use Microsoft Update to obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP
Microsoft Update is a program that automatically installs important updates for you. This includes the latest service pack. You can install Microsoft Update automatically or manually.
Automatic method
To automatically install Microsoft Update, please visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://update.microsoft.com (http://update.microsoft.com)
Manual method
To manually install Microsoft Update, please visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/mu.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/mu.mspx)

i want a detail of blue screem error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.