Currently having a problem on one of 4 PCs connected to the internet via a BB router. When IE is started it randomly comes up with "the page cannot be displayed" with "cannot find server or DNS error". the page can be displayed by refreshing but the number of refreshes required seems to be completely random (usually anything from 3-10 times).
All the other machines connected to the router are working fine.
This problem is the same with Firefox browser on this PC.
I can ping all the website URLs and IP addresses ok.
I have run Adaware, MS antispyware, Spybot S&D and AVG antivirus...all with latest updates and all run clean.
I have flushed DNS from command window.
The setting for IE and network have been checked against working machine and seem to be OK.
I have been trying to fix this for the last 3 days now and I am about to resort to the engineers final solution....sledgehammer!!!!

many thanks in advance

Ritchie

Try Ctrl and F5 to refresh. This clears the cache copy of the home page. if the cache is made when the network is unavailable you get a error for a home page. Just a thought but I've had the same problem with my users.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.