I'm getting a continuous and annoying problem when attempting to access programs on my Windows XP pro.
The attached example relates to Window washer yet, I have had the application error dialog box associated with other programs also.
I would appreciate any help fixing this problem.
Cheers
Wallace Tait
mw.tait@sympatico.ca

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

When did you first start getting this error? Have you checked for spyware?

Can you name some other programs this happens in?

When did you first start getting this error? Have you checked for spyware?

Can you name some other programs this happens in?

I initially got this problem when, I installed Window Washer 5.0. I have noticed the dialog box appear identifying other software memory write problems.
Wallace.

Would RAM be a problem re-this dialog box?
Wallace.

Given that the problem only arose after you installed Window Washer, I'd doubt that the messages indicate a RAM problem.

Try uninstalling Window Washer and see if the problems persist.

Of course, the problem mightn't be with Window Washer itself, but it certainly does appear that some piece of software you've installed has overwritten system files with poorly written code. The error messages you're getting are more pertinent to badly behaved programs than they are to a hardware problem.

Thanks Catweazle,
I use another webroot program called spysweeper. I have noted that, the webroot folder located in my C drive, shares the program folder with Window washer. I have also noted, the webroot folder shares dll files between the two webroot authored programs.
Wallace.

Have you tried as "Catweazle" said uninstalling Window Washer?

Do you have an Anti-Virus program installed? If so make sure you have all the latest definations downloaded and run it and see if it picks anything up.

Next I would run Spy Bot and again make sure it is up todate before you run it, and see if that picks anything up.

Run Ad-Aware update it then run it and see if any of them pick anything up.

Try running CWSHredder update it then run it and see if that picks anything up.

Hope this might help you

LittleMan :p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.