Got a wierd problem with my Windows explorer and its probably a simple fix but i'm not sure how to do it.When i open a window from a window that is already open it only opens in a separate window.Every time i open another window i have another window open and so on.I have tried to adjust the settings under tools/folder options/view/remember each folder view's settings but this dosen't change anything.Also i have checked and unchecked launch folders in a separate process but this dosen't change anything.I have a feeling that something in the registry is messed up.Any help would be great , i am tired of having windows open all over the place.Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Got a wierd problem with my Windows explorer and its probably a simple fix but i'm not sure how to do it. When i open a window from a window that is already open it only opens in a separate window. Every time i open another window i have another window open and so on. I have tried to adjust the settings under tools/folder options/view/remember each folder view's settings but this doesn't change anything. Also i have checked and unchecked launch folders in a separate process but this dosen't change anything. I have a feeling that something in the registry is messed up. Any help would be great , i am tired of having windows open all over the place.

I use the free Windows Explorer replacement AB Commander LITE instead. It works better anyway, in my opinion. The link is at the top of my Best Free Software page.

You are probably right about the Registry, but I don't know which keys to tweak.

By the way, spaces after periods would make your posts more readable....

before you go into View . General ,browse folders, is it checked there to open each folder in its own window !

before you go into View . General ,browse folders, is it checked there to open each folder in its own window !

No it's not checked to do that and i have tried all the obvious things to try and fix it but no luck yet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.