Member Avatar for Eric^^

Alot of people say that put your CD in and restart your computer and then the setup starts but mine doesent do thati got the CD
Drivers & Utilities
Intel Chipset For Windows VISTA
is this the correct CD?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
You are running two threads at a time.
Fist up, if you do what you are after, you will reinstall Vista and lose all your data.
You need to set the BIOS for boot from CD first or tap the correct key at boot to access the boot menu to get your machine to boot from CD/DVD.
I don't think that is your operating system disc, I think that is just the drivers for you computer. Your OS is probably on a hidden partition on your machine.

Member Avatar for Eric^^

Hi,
You are running two threads at a time.
Fist up, if you do what you are after, you will reinstall Vista and lose all your data.
You need to set the BIOS for boot from CD first or tap the correct key at boot to access the boot menu to get your machine to boot from CD/DVD.
I don't think that is your operating system disc, I think that is just the drivers for you computer. Your OS is probably on a hidden partition on your machine.

Okey thank you very much :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.