Hi

I was wondering if any of you could solve my problem. My computer has no sound. Yet the speakers are connected and all the levels are up. The odd thing is, when i connect to the internet, i hear the dialtone of the internet through my speakers. Could someone please help with this problem.
I am running windows 98 ver 4.10.2222

Thanks
Nik

Hi

I was wondering if any of you could solve my problem. My computer has no sound. Yet the speakers are connected and all the levels are up. The odd thing is, when i connect to the internet, i hear the dialtone of the internet through my speakers. Could someone please help with this problem.
I am running windows 98 ver 4.10.2222

Thanks
Nik

i had a similar problem earlier on. i dont know if it might work for you or not but try and give it a go. is your sound card an add in card or onboard? if you have either card, ensure that your drivers for your sound card are up to date. this might involve using the internet to download the specific driver.

if you have both and only want to work with the add in card then you will need to disable your onboard first.

firstly enter the device manager and look for your audio chipset (should be mentioned in your mobo instructions). right click that and click disable. after this restart your pc and enter bios. disable the on board from there too.

sometimes a conflict between the drivers for two similar devices can cause no end of faults and no sound can be one of them:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.