my windows vista ultimate restarts randomly, often immediately after login.
just solved an earlier problem of just the cursor and a blank screen after login using a rootkit recovery tool, but then this new problem occurs, if this is relevant.
a blue screen sometimes appears before restart, but am unable to read it because it appears for less than a second.
when starting in safe mode, the computer hangs while loading crcdisk.sys. tried waiting for the system to finish, but it never happened.
again, if it is relevant, in the few times that it does not immediately restart, an error message concerning an lllegal write by ccapp.exe appears. (ccapp.exe is supposedly a norton antivirus program) could not disable or uninstall the norton program because of the restart problem.
short of reformatting my disks, could there be hope for my system?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
Go to this windows site and follow instructions on how to access your event log. If you can repair from that info OK, if not, post back with details about the report and as much info about you old and new problem and info on your machine.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(EXCHG.65).aspx

I haven't used Windows vista yet but your experience will be helpful for me in future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.