Hey I was wondering, is there anyway to restore my hard drives to the way they were hen I bought them? Because they are all split into partitions and stuff

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
Go the the site of the HD manufacturer and download their program for working with their drives and then format your drive with it. You can do it with many other programs (right click on drive in "My Computer" and click format. You can get a DOS program and "F" disk your drive then format it.
You can download a high security disk deleting program and format with it.
If you want to keep your data without formatting, you can copy the data from one partition and then use a partitioning software program to make just one partition on your drive.

Hi,
Go the the site of the HD manufacturer and download their program for working with their drives and then format your drive with it. You can do it with many other programs (right click on drive in "My Computer" and click format. You can get a DOS program and "F" disk your drive then format it.
You can download a high security disk deleting program and format with it.
If you want to keep your data without formatting, you can copy the data from one partition and then use a partitioning software program to make just one partition on your drive.

How do I format it? The option is grayed out for me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.