Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

No matter what link I click, I get redirected to some random page. Most of the time it's a site called hanawascanner010.com, and it tries to install a virus of some sort- but my anti-virus blocks it. What I don't understand, is that my virus scanner detected when the problem in question (an outside program) changed a registry file that affected my internet explorer, but did nothing to prevent it from happening or fix it after it happened. So now everything I click on takes me to a page other than where I want to go.

The program that somehow was able to change my registry was called mbke.exe I already deleted my temp files to get rid of it, but the damage is already done. I don't know how to change it to how it was before. I already reset IE to it's default settings, but that didn't do anything helpful. I also imported a back up registry that I had from a prior problem, and it changed my computer settings, but it still redirects me.
I'm at a loss of what to do...

The virus software tells me the location of the file that it changed, but unfortunately it cuts off with the "..." because the file name is too long. So I don't know the whole thing, and I can't get the whole file name any other way.

Please help! I have to use the tab key and hit enter to reach a page. It's super annoying, and takes forever. >_<;

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
The best anti-virus program will not get all viruses. Go to this site:-
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread27570.html
Read about deleting viruses and checking your PC including virus checkers you can load from a boot-up.
If you follow all the suggestions here, even if it has not fixed your PC, you will at least know that it is not a virus or malware that is causing the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.