Hello I have the same problem (as in this thread )
brand new pc xp downloaded updates and hey presto black screen white cursor. Works perfect if I recover to earlier date but as soon as the updates download I am back to a black screen white cursor. Any idea of which update is causing the problem and how to fix it please.
di

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello I have the same problem brand new pc xp downloaded updates and hey presto black screen white cursor. Works perfect if I recover to earlier date but as soon as the updates download I am back to a black screen white cursor. Any idea of which update is causing the problem and how to fix it please.
di

change update option to download but don't install then let them download and do a custom install, the updates one by one and you should find the one causing it ,only install critical updates and not any software ones if they are offered

Hello I am new to forums in general, please accept my apology for posting in the wrong place, hopefully this reply is going to Caperjack,

Thank you for your reply I will certainly try your advice.
Dia

Hello I am new to forums in general, please accept my apology for posting in the wrong place, hopefully this reply is going to Caperjack,

Thank you for your reply I will certainly try your advice.
Dia

it sure did, good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.