I am running IE 8. Frequently a new IE Window opens without me trying to open one. The new window appears to be soliciting something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

There was a program from Gamevance that was causing the problem. I uninstalled the program and the problem was solved.

Its a malware attack. Run powerful antivirus and scan for malwares, virus. It may work fine later on.

I am running IE 8. Frequently a new IE Window opens without me trying to open one. The new window appears to be soliciting something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who replied!

If the gamevance uninstall fixed you up, don't forget to mark the thread as solved so you don't continue to get answers to a non-issue.

If you think you have gamevance instaled and you want to remove it just follow these simple instructions:
• Click on the Start Menu button
• Click on the Settings option
• Click on the Control Panel option
• Double click on Add/Remove Programs

or you can download official removal tool: www.gamevance.com/deactivate.php

If you think you have gamevance instaled and you want to remove it just follow these simple instructions:
• Click on the Start Menu button
• Click on the Settings option
• Click on the Control Panel option
• Double click on Add/Remove Programs

or you can download official removal tool: www.gamevance.com/deactivate.php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.